Metro ethernet is available to all our on-net sites by virtue of running a next-generation MPLS network. All sites feature redundant connectivity over leased dark fibre.
What is Metro Ethernet?
A Metro Ethernet Service, an MPLS pseudo-wire, Carrier Ethernet, or a Datacenter Interconnect, is a transparent Ethernet circuit between a pair of locations; emulating a direct ethernet cable between your devices on either end. The connections will pass all Layer 2 protocols such as CDP and spanning tree as well as your VLAN tags (including your own Q-in-Q or double tagged frames).
Metro Ethernet Uses
- Expand your network, using metro ethernet, to new sites quickly and cost effectively
- Temporary connectivity between sites - no long contracts
- Reduce leased line costs
- Save on bandwidth costs; compared to using Internet traffic
- Connect to customers in remote locations
- Connect to private peering partners in remote locations
MPLS Network/Datacenter Interconnect Features
- MPLS Metro Ethernet port speeds available: 100Mbps, 1Gbps, 10Gbps
- All port speeds support Jumbo Frames of up to 9000 bytes
- Guaranteed throughput by virtue of RSVP based bandwidth reservation
- Layer 2 protocol and VLAN Transparent - run your own VLAN tags as on your own metro networks with no intervention from us
- Point-2-multipoint options available
- Provisioning can be completed on the same business day as order
- Pseudo-Pseudo-wires are provided on annual contracts by default, with monthly contracts available
Metro Ethernet London Pricing
We are a metro ethernet provider to companies large and small and can cater to call requirements.
Please contact us for a metro ethernet quote or to discuss your datacenter interconnect requirements. Include your required metro ethernet network locations and interconnect speed.